The updated 2018 list of my gadgets, computers and software I use on a daily basis.
Computer: MacBook Pro
I continue to use my Mid 2014 MacBook Pro 13″ with an attached 23″ monitor. It’s fast, has crazy long battery life, and works perfectly for doing coding or layout on my book.
Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Best phone I’ve used hands down. Fast, great screen, waterproof and everything just works. I did switch to an iPhone, but thanks to Apple and the battery nonsense I switched back.
Tablet: iPad Air
Great tablet. I don’t use it as often because my S7 is so big, but when I do use it – it’s flawless.
Apple Magic Mouse
Still using this mouse. No complaints.
Software and such
- Browser: Google Chrome – Still going strong. I want to love Safari or Firefox, but Chrome continues to just do a better job.
- Messenger: None – at work we use Slack and for personal I use Hangouts
- Development: I use Atom for pretty much everything and Google Chrome for debugging
- Email and Productivity: I use Airmail 3 as my main email client as well as LibreOffice as my word processor. I also use Google Docs for collaboration
- Security: On the Mac I use Sophos for my Anti-Virus and keep the firewall and StrongVPN updated and active.